South Louisiana Charter Foundation, Inc.
South Louisiana Charter Foundation, Inc. is a Louisiana not-for-profit corporation organized exclusively for educational purposes and is comprised of respected leaders from Louisiana that are committed to providing high quality educational options for the citizens of Louisiana.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please click here.
The Board of Directors is responsible for developing and outlining the mission, vision, and values of the school and developing the appropriate policies to ensure those fundamentals are maintained. The South Louisiana Charter Foundation Board of Trustees has contracted with a professional education management organization,Charter Schools USA, to provide all necessary management and professional expertise.Charter Schools USA assists in developing, planning, and marketing the School, as well as finance, human resources, curricula and school operations. Charter Schools USA is responsible for developing and implementing the ongoing operational procedures in accordance with the mission, vision, and values outlined by the Board.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the legal and financial obligations of the South Louisiana Charter Foundation Board. The Board establishes policy consistent with the school’s mission and ensures the school’s programs and operations are faithful to the terms of the charter including compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. The Board will continue to uphold the mission and vision of the school through visible leadership and stewardship of the school, including the following:
- Communicating the mission and vision of the school to the community
- Recruiting and mentoring Trustees to ensure they have shared values
- Holding Charter Schools USA accountable to achieving the mission and vision of the school
- Participating in fund raising and other community events on behalf of the school
- Leading by example in their personal and professional endeavors
The Foundation’s Board of Trustees is comprised of a diverse and talented group of community leaders, with a skill set including business/finance, education, medicine, government, technology, public relations, community work, and music, and all of whom are passionately committed to improving public education for ALL students in Louisiana and are actively involved in the philanthropic and/or business community.
Collectively, the Foundation’s Trustees have a long track record of impacting education reform and community development in Louisiana. The Foundation’s impressive Board of Trustees are:
- John Pierre – Board President
- Edmond Jordan – Vice President
- Achilles Williams – Secretary/Treasurer
- Alvin Washington – Trustee
- Lynn Singletary – Trustee
- Melissa Sybrandt – Trustee
- Ryan Curtis–Trustee
Student Privacy Information
- Information regarding Student Privacy
- Management Agreement and Addendum
- Privacy Complaint Form
- Bayou Speech Contract and Addendum
- E-Funds Contract and Addendum
- Humanus Contract and Addendum
- PowerSchool Contract and Addendum
- Progressus Contract and Addendum
- Therapy Source Contract and Addendum
- TTM Proposal and Addendum
Parent Grievance Procedure
If a parent has a grievance or complaint, please follow the process below:
- Seek to resolve the problem with the teacher, if applicable.
- If problem is not resolved, meet with school administration via an appointment.
- If still unresolved, please contact School Support, CSUSA at 954-202-3500.